Instructions for Physical CD’s
Can I Put My Baby HeartSongs CDs on an iPod?
Our CDs are very complex with a lot of information and a very wide spectrum of frequencies [tones].
When you go to put a CD on an MP3, the program compresses the music, i.e. removes many frequencies; most people don’t notice the difference. However, it is there! According to a recent article in Discover Magazine, “as much as 85 percent of what is actually recorded [is left out]”. June 2011 p.24.
According to Apple, if you do it with their LossLess program, there is no compression. However, in talking with some sound recording engineers, they find there is some, if not a lot. But with our CDs, we don’t want you to lose anything.
For those of you that have iTunes, here is a way to put our complex CDs on your iPod without losing any of our specific frequencies and effectiveness:
- Take your CD and insert into your computer.
- In the iTunes menu bar click on iTunes, then Preferences, then General.
- Click on the Import Setting button.
- Import Using: WAV Encoder
- Hit OK. Then hit OK on the Preferences/General window.
- Then download your CD as usual
- When you are finished, eject the CD.
- Now find the CD you just imported, and click on it.
- GO to the iTunes menu bar at the top of the screen and click on View.
- Click on View Options: check “kind” ; hit OK.
You will now be able to see what kind of file you just downloaded. It should say WAV.
- Drag the CD/music to your iPod Icon.
This will take more time to load than normal and will definitely take up more space on your iPod, but you will get all of your frequencies and special sounds/overtones on it.
- Now on the iTunes sidebar, under the iPod Icon, click on MUSIC – your list of songs on your iPod will appear.
- Go to the iTunes menu bar at the top of the screen and click on View.
- Click on View Options: check ‘Kind’ ; hit OK.
You should now be able to see in your iPod list of songs, what kind of files you downloaded. The one you just downloaded should be a WAV.
Instructions for Downloadable Programs
When you purchase a Downloadable Program from us the files are enclosed in a “zip” folder. You will need to “extract” these files before you can play them.
The simplest way to get the files to work with your device is to download the zip folder to a normal PC or Mac first and then extract the files, save the files on your computer and transfer the files into iTunes:
1) Click on the download link in the confirmation email and then ‘Save’ (do not click on ‘Open’)
2) Select a location on your computer where you wish to save the file then save the file. This will save the zipped file to your computer. (You may want to save it in your MUSIC folder) Make sure this is a folder that you can leave them on your computer.
3) Go to the location of the saved file and right click, select ‘Extract All’ (this will unzip the file so that it can be transferred to the location from which you would like to use it). You should then be able to see the zipped version and then the unzipped version both in the same location.
4) Open iTunes and click on ‘File’ then select ‘Add Folder To Library’. A box will appear asking you which folder you wish to import, so navigate to the folder you extracted in step 3 above and double click it to add the folder to your iTunes library, leaving the original file where you downloaded it. This allows iTunes to know where the music is on your computer, if you delete or move the unziped WAV file, iTunes will not know where to find it. Another option is to create a playlist, name it then drag the file to the playlist and save.
5) The files should now appear in your iTunes library and you can now transfer (or “sync”) to your mobile/tablet device.